Tamara has rich expertise in developing firmware and embedded applications for a wide range of products used in the areas of automotive controls and infotainment, consumer devices, network telecom, media, wireless, and scientific instrumentation. With a decade long experience in designing embedded systems for products, We delivers significant value to product manufacturers in architecting systems and deploying technologies in an embedded setting.
Tamara's embedded expertise covers application development and optimization over a wide range of popular RTOS platforms and proprietary micro-kernels. Proven quality processes designed for embedded product designs. Our expertise includes:
- Embedded application development including GUIs, MMIs, Multimedia browsers/editors, Middleware, Storage file systems, Protocol stacks, Audio, Video & Image processors and Control algorithms.
- Firmware development including Micro-coding, DSP software optimization, Glue logic for configuration and control of on-board devices, POST/Diagnostics, Boot code and Board Support Packages.
- Development of Device drivers for On-board devices, Bus interfaces, I/O interfaces, Man Machine Interfaces like LED/LCD displays, Touch Screen Panels, etc; Network interfaces, Audio/Video interfaces and Storage devices.
- Development of Chip support tools including Simulators, Chip support libraries, Compilers, Assemblers, etc for Micro-controllers, DSPs and ASICs to facilitate their deployment in products.
Tamara has the unique distinction of having worked on a wide range of Processors as shown below.
Tamara has unique competencies in developing embedded applications with varying constraints, task complexities and real time performance needs. These include:
- Applications that require a very high level of memory and speed optimization as in handheld devices and consumer appliances.
- Complex applications for that require a high level of multi-tasking, task scheduling, and prioritization for communications equipment and multimedia broadcast equipment.
- Mission critical applications with powerful interrupt management and real-time/ reactive operation capabilities for automotive and industrial process control.
- Large compute intensive applications like audio/ video encoding/ decoding and Image processing that need high levels of optimization for speed memory and real time operation.
Tamara has competencies in processor dependent assembly level optimization of code, and real-time multi-threaded application development. This allows it to optimize software against speed/ memory limitations and real time performance requirements for different targets and product situations.